Thread: Hunting Season
View Single Post
Old 11-13-2013, 02:50 PM
Registered Member

Re: Hunting Season

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Thanks ILG for that tip.... we didn't hang the deer! Maybe that is indeed why she was so tough. We were in a hurry to put her up, because the pulley system we have and where the deer was hanging wasn't amenable to leaving because of dogs/coyotes in our area. It is an open shed, and we have no way of enclosing it, and the shed isn't tall enough to pull the deer high enough so that animals wouldn't get it. I'll talk to my husband about seeing if we can figure something else out.

However, I did find that if I put the deer roast in the crock pot overnight on low, for about 12-hours, it was so tender it just fell apart, and was incredibly yummy!

I added some cream of mushroom soup after cooking it on low for about 6 hours, and some carrots. The result was an amazing gravy-like stew that we poured over mashed potatoes, and let me tell you, the crock pot was just about licked clean, it was that good! No leftovers!
Mmmmmm! Glad you found a good use for it!

When I was young and clever, I wanted to change the world. Now that I am older and wiser, I strive to change myself. ~