View Single Post
Old 12-14-2013, 09:16 AM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: Back with some new perspective

Ok.... I just now read the thread and as usual find myself in the middle.

I do agree with most of N David's responses though.

Roxanne It's important to realize there are many honest, transparent, and well educated members in the UPC and conservative "standard adhering" groups within the. Body of Christ. Because you and your pastor were not, doesn't automatically speak to the character of others.

Now, I am not educated with degrees in higher learning, but even in my most conservative times I was not condemning, judgmental, nor even excessively critical of those attending nonstandard churches.

Sooo... It seems to me when we profile conservatives as a block we risk embracing the same thinking that often leads to labeling those who have left as "charismatics" (like they all are, or that it's a bad thing).

We can speak of our own experience and shallowness... But beyond that, postulating carries little weight. I rejoice in new-found honesty wherever it's found, but wholly understand that disingenuous, shallow, and condemning people are found everywhere. We all need Jesus to speak to us about His sufficiency in our lives.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 12-14-2013 at 10:15 AM.