View Single Post
Old 10-15-2012, 04:52 PM
Holiness Is Still Right.

Re: TD Jakes echurch

[QUOTE=Dedicated Mind;1195743]i would venture to say that td jakes ministry has baptized more people in jesus name than any other apostolic in the history of christianity. he has the biggest apostolic church in history. he is the most effective apostolic minister in the history of christianity outside of paul. i think a case can be made. any challengers?[/QUOTE

No, I don't think Bishop Jakes is the closest thing to "Paul" in this century. I think that's a very foolish and westernized assumption.

Maybe if you if ignore the work of modern foreign missionaries such as Bishop Samuel Smith, Bishop Teklemariam who regularly leads revivals across East African with hundreds of thousands in attendance. Or forget that Jones, Brazier, and Smith all had similar church sizes and had more churches and congregants under them because they all served in high leadership positions in a large Apostolic Organization... or if you ignore the fact that without GT Haywood, Bishop Bonner, RC Lawson, AD Urshan, Samuel Hancock, Bishop Grimes, and others for that matter there would be no Jakes, Jones, or Brazier.

Then if you take Pentecost alone I personally believe Bishop CH Mason, William Seymore, JO Patterson, and Charles Parham have had more of an effect on the apostolic Movement then Jakes. Heck, why not throw Oral Roberts and AA Allen in there? GE Patterson may have baptized more people in Jesus Name then Jakes for that matter.

In addition Jake's acceptance of yoga and Oprah Winfrey's New Age feel good religious philosophies make him and Paul doctrinally night and day.

With all that said the argument I futile anyway. Paul's ministry was Paul's alone. And Jakes' is Jakes', and Jakes is more so based on his own celebrity persona then on sound Biblical doctrine, which it is a shame he and the Bradys no longer teach.