View Single Post
Old 03-15-2007, 10:10 PM
Step By Step - Day By Day

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carpenter View Post
Well you know, like I said, this was not meant to bring either man into contempt or scorn or to judge the leadership capabilities. I could have started a thread comparing Stanley Chambers to Brother Urshan, but it would have been relevant to the old timers around here like Sam and OP.

There are no doubt times of crisis on the horizon for the UPC and it is interesting to me to know from their constituency if they are going to be constantly looking back for the leadership of the past to save it.
How much you look back sometimes depends on your age and it seems as if at present the old guys are the majority. However you define "old".

The fact is the UPC is never going to be what it "was". It's impossible! It's finished if it remains imbedded in its present. It must go forward and should and will no doubt look quite different 12 years from now than it does today.

To me it makes no difference that Bro. Haney is no Bro. Urshan. Bro. Haney needs to be himself and no doubt is although I think perhaps he wears the GS shoes a little less comfortably than did Bro. Urshan. The man is a proven leader with his own strengths and accompanying weaknesses.

Every man has them.

(surname courtesy of Jim Yohe)