View Single Post
Old 08-31-2018, 09:58 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: Gospels of Matthew without Trinitarian ending

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
Where are the 63 manuscripts? I would like you to post where we can see the fragments of Papyrus, or whatever you have available as physical evidence. It is puzzling that your first post is just making a baseless claim. Like, “63 Unicorns have been found at the end of the rainbow.” Where are the Unicorns? We are happy for your excitement. But, you can’t expect us to be excited without credible, tangible, evidence of manuscripts.

I second this, where are they? Are they Greek, Syriac, Coptic, or Traders Village? If they exist, I'm unaware. Admittedly though I am a novice on the different kinds of manuscripts and their datings, styles, unicals, etc. I just don't have the patience or interest to get too deep into that particular field. However, a claim like "63 manuscripts" demands tangible evidence if not explicit proof, or it means absolutely nothing.

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill