View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 03:56 PM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rev Ike View Post
New here - I grabbed this quote to pose a question about “another gospel”...
1. I Reread Acts 2 and noted who Peter is addressing “Men of Judea and all who dwell in JerusaMen of Judea and all who dwell in Jerusalem” he was addressing Jews... Raised Pentecostal I was always acutely aware of the many languages and always assumed Peters address that day was directed to all nations.
2. Acts 15 - Paul meets with the Jerusalem church regarding the Gentiles and in verses 28-29 Only four (4) commands were sent to the Gentiles to follow.
3. Acts 16 -Paul’s mission trip after meeting with the Jerusalem church in verse 30 the Gentile jailer asks the same question as the Jews in Acts 2 “What must I do to be saved?” Paul’s response was that he should believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and the baptized him and him family. No mention of tongues.

My question - Is the gospel to the Jew different than the gospel to the Gentile?
If not why two different responses to the same question?
Why does Paul in Galatians differentiate a gospel to the Jew and a gospel to the gentile? Gal 2:7

ps - In Acts 2 the 3000 added were baptized, I was shocked when I found no reference to any of the speaking in tongues.
Hi Chris.