View Single Post
Old 11-16-2017, 09:45 AM
Registered Member

Re: Pre trib rapture teaching is heresy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
I think there's a difference between a person saying "I don't know, I haven't studied it" or "I've been studying but I'm not yet convinced one way or the other" on the one hand, and someone saying "Who cares? What difference does it make?" on the other hand.

The first case is understandable. The second seems inexcusably lazy and morally relativistic. In my opinion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Esaias View Post
Seems to me a lot of folks just want to know what they gotta have lined out in order to get to heaven. If something comes their way their default response seems to be "Do I have to have/do/believe this to go to heaven? Can I blow it off or reject it safely, or will I be lost?"

Seems like a lot of folks just really aren't interested in finding and knowing truth. They'd just rather meet the minimum requirements and get on with their lives.

Kind of sad, actually.
What's sad are those who add to the Bible and include things which aren't salvific as though they are. They d amn and condemn good and righteous men and women as heretics simply because they believe something different than them.

Bro. T F Tenney wrote a book and uses the phrase, "the main thing is to keep the main thing the main thing."

It's not about moral relativism, it's not about being lazy and doing the minimum - what a joke those accusations are. We don't earn salvation, thus there's no "minimum" as you derisively claim.

It's about recognizing the important issues and not getting tangled up in things which aren't. I'm not going to get all huffy and puffy and bitter with anyone over when I believe the end will happen. I believe it will happen. That's what matters. Judgment will come. Christ will return. It will happen. That's the part which matters.

A heretic would be the one who claims it won't happen.

Arguing over the when does not matter.

Your claim of people being heretics over pre, mid beliefs is as dumb as those who preach a man will split hell open and are damned for wearing a short-sleeved or colored shirt.

Last edited by n david; 11-16-2017 at 10:29 AM.