View Single Post
Old 12-19-2016, 01:00 PM
On the road less traveled

Re: Evangelism in a Post Modern world

Quote:
Originally Posted by votivesoul View Post
Post-modernism is really the result of secular, often higher, education and related industries.

The person fully immersed into a post-modern worldview isn't going to come out of that slant without persistent prayer and intercession, with fasting.

However, with that being said, the people who can most easily be reached with the gospel are typically the people no one in the church wants: the addicted, the criminal, the drunkard, the bully, the whore, the gambler, and etc.

These are broken people who usually know they are broken, and have no hope in life of seeing a brighter day. Bringing Jesus to these people, since nothing else in life has ever worked for them, makes all the difference.

The question then is, who are we targeting in our evangelistic strategies?

I know a lady who was instantaneously delivered from severe alcoholism the moment she received the Holy Spirit. I know former gangsters and fornicators and homosexuals and mentally ill and others at the end of their rope folks who were grabbed up by the Lord and brought into His Kingdom, and now, serve Him with their whole heart, joyfully, because they remember from whence they came.

He or she that is forgiven of much loves much.

The post-modernist has a really hard time believing that they have need of divine forgiveness from God. Consequentially, they don't overly love much of anything, except their own worldly lusts and pursuits.

Though the Lord died for all, He was specifically anointed by the Holy Spirit to preach the Gospel to a select group of people: the poor, the broken-hearted, the blind, the imprisoned, and etc.

Revival will always be found there, if going there to see it happen wasn't such a "hardship" for the saints.
So true. The people who are most willing to receive the gospel are the ones who need the most help as babes in Christ, and for others to be willing to take the gospel to where they are, does sum up too much work for most Christians to be willing to do.

If Jesus were to walk among us in flesh and blood today, I wonder what tables he would upset, and what terror and horror He would cause in the hearts of most Christians, upsetting traditions, and styles and comfortable places.

You have given me much to ponder.