View Single Post
Old 03-02-2021, 07:37 PM
Registered Member

Re: Divorce and remarriage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tithesmeister View Post
Well, Brother Nicodemus, my thoughts are these. Jesus told her that if she knew . . .

[10] Jesus answered and said unto her, If thou knewest the gift of God, and who it is that saith to thee, Give me to drink; thou wouldest have asked of him, and he would have given thee living water.

Jesus knew that she’d had five husbands, and that the man she was living with was not her husband. But he said that if she knew who he was, and if she asked Him, He would give her the living water.

This tells me that in spite of her five former husbands, and that she was obviously living in sin, she was eligible for salvation and eternal life.

Going back to husband numbers 1-5 was not mentioned. Jesus would have given her eternal life, if she asked. It’s something to think about. It’s NOTHING like the doctrine being touted by some on here.

That’s my thoughts.
A women that was living in a sinful life was told that she is eligible for salvation.

I completely agree!

Jesus knew her past, present, and future, and even though she was in that relationship, the Holy Ghost wasn’t withheld from her.

The reason I bring this up, the Lord told her the one your with now is NOT your husband. This doctrine that some believe in this thread, uses this verse to prove that Jesus (God Himself) doesnt recongize the man she is with as a God ordained Husband. Meaning, the 4th and or 5th husband must still be alive, which will disquailify this relationship because the death of the spouse has not occured.