View Single Post
Old 01-12-2020, 06:03 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Death defeated at resurrection or not defeated

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
Paul wrote about a resurrection that he and every believer experiences when they are saved, in Romans But in ! cor 15 he spoke of a resurrection THAT WAS YET TO OCCUR IN HIS FUTURE, so it cannot be the resurrection of Romans 6.

More correctly, we were dead in trespasses and sins, and we are resurrected from that when we are saved.

That is not what Paul spoke about. When we continue to read 1 Cor 15, we read that it was future, not in the past as Paul's salvation was in the past when he wrote.

1 Corinthians 15:22-24.. For as in Adam all die, even so in Christ shall all be made alive. ..(23).. But every man in his own order: Christ the firstfruits; afterward they that are Christ's at his coming. ..(24).. Then cometh the end, when he shall have delivered up the kingdom to God, even the Father; when he shall have put down all rule and all authority and power.

Paul said that the resurrection of this chapter had not yet happened, and would happen in his future AT CHRIST'S COMING. Jesus had not come yet when Paul wrote this. HE said that when this resurrection occurs, then also occurs when the kingdom is given over to the Father. Death is defeated when Jesus comes because the resurrection takes bodies that were and/or can be killed and makes them immortal. So His coming to resurrect saints brings the end. The end had not yet occurred in Paul's day and it has still not occurred.

1 Corinthians 15:30-32.. And why stand we in jeopardy every hour? ..(31).. I protest by your rejoicing which I have in Christ Jesus our Lord, I die daily. ..(32).. If after the manner of men I have fought with beasts at Ephesus, what advantageth it me, if the dead rise not? let us eat and drink; for to morrow we die.

Paul then said above that he risked his physical life in his ministry and stood in jeopardy every hour. He did this because he knew that if he should physically be killed, the dead would later rise and he would live again. This resurrection, therefore, is not speaking about Paul's salvation that occurred decades before he wrote this letter. It was still in Paul's future because he said that if there was not resurrection in his future, then he was acting insanely by risking his life rather than protect it and not let any danger come. This proves this resurrection is not the one that takes place at salvation as Romans 6 is speaking about.

This is completely wrong and I just proved it by pointing out that the resurrection of salvation took place in Paull's past, but the resurrection of 1 Cor 15 had not yet taken place because Paul said he looked forward to it, and proved that he believed that it would happen in his future by risking his . If he risked his life, he trusted that he would be raised again later in the resurrection. LATER. Your view has absolutely no basis in this chapter as if Paul already resurrected in this manner years before he wrote it.