View Single Post
Old 04-25-2007, 12:34 PM
Registered Member

TV Works for our church!

Example 1: We started running a new ad on the local station and have seen two families filled with the Holy Ghost and baptized as a direct result of this advertising. As they were testifying, both families mentioned seeing our pastor on TV in the months prior and the feeling of urgency that God was leading them into more truth.

You should have seen some of the conservatives look up when these people mentioned that they never knew our church existed until that commercial. The pastor couldn't have set it up better if he tried. I am seeing people that were once very anti-tv starting to change their minds after seeing the great things that are happening.

Example 2: One of the local news anchors has been coming to church regularly and was baptized in Jesus name last Sunday. She recently had our pastor on her morning show and gave a very favorable interview.

Now this is from a 30 sec ad with no fancy editing or production, just our pastor giving a warm invite to our community.

Now, I will say that there was been a spirit of revival and great changes happening in our church. I am not giving the credit to TV, but without it these people would have never even known that our church existed and they can't hear the word preached or experience the atmosphere of praise unless we get them in the door.