View Single Post
Old 01-18-2022, 01:28 AM
Administrator

Re: Three Parables of Luke 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
The Lost Sheep
[I]Luke 15:4
What man of you, having an hundred sheep, if he lose one of them, doth not leave the ninety and nine in the wilderness, and go after that which is lost, until he find it? /I]

The Lost Coin
Luke 15:8
Either what woman having ten pieces of silver, if she lose one piece, doth not light a candle, and sweep the house, and seek diligently till she find it?

The Prodigal Son
Luke 15:11-12/20
And he said, A certain man had two sons:
12 And the younger of them said to his father, Father, give me the portion of goods that falleth to me. And he divided unto them his living.
20 And he arose, and came to his father. But when he was yet a great way off, his father saw him, and had compassion, and ran, and fell on his neck, and kissed him.

In each of the three parables there was something lost. The Shepard lost a sheep and left the 99 and went to search for the sheep. The women lost a coin and sought diligently for that individual coin. Yet, when we come to the father of the son that took his journey into a far country with his inheritance, we read the father never left to look for him. In all three cases when that "lost" sheep, coin or son was found they rejoiced and made merry with family and friends. Yet, the prodigal son had to come back to his fathers house all on his own, Why?
Because it was the son who lost himself. The Father never lost him.

Luke 15:17 (ESV),

17 “But when he came to himself..."

His lost senses returned to him, and he went back home.

http://votivesoul.wordpress.com/