View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 10:04 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood too

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicodemus1968 View Post
This is for us, within the church. Bro. Benincasa, I used Church as the main point, because if they bring the guns to church 90% of the time they take them everywhere. You want to protect your property that’s fine, and protect I mean locking you house, cars, Church etc I owned several German Shepherds (grew up with those dogs) and I had warning signs on my property. Your right government will not stop with just taking the guns, the discussion can be then where do we as the church stop? Would a believer take no thought by using deadly force against someone that tried to take or damage your property? I say this because I see believers CC (concealed carry) going into church, going to the stores my personal opinion is your asking for trouble. You want to hunt go ahead I’m a duck hunter, I have several guns, yet I don’t have a CCP, dont need one.
Again, we cannot use whether or not a Christian wants to CC or doesn't want to for whatever reason. Concealment of a firearm goes out the window when a government stops allowing their people to arm themselves. When I first came to church I lived with brothers and sisters who never locked their homes, believed calling law enforcement was lack of faith in God. A brother I worked with cutting trees never locked his gang box, and never locked or removed the wheels from our generator. He said if the watchmen doesn't keep the fortress the watch men wake up but still cannot defend. I believe that, but I am going to lock my tool box, and I am going to remove the wheels from the generator. If I have a crane available I may even hook it up and suspend the machine from the hook. God takes care of things where I have missed taking precautions. Satan challenges Jesus to jump off the temple. Satan quotes scriptures, and Jesus returns with an answer that no one should called God by saying that God is obliged to come to the aid if we jump off a building. Just because the scriptures speak of divine protection. A brother wants to lock his doors before he has church service? Who am I to say he isn't taking precautions which he feels he needs to take as pastor? Brother keeps a loaded shotgun under the pulpit? Sister Thibodaux, has a Smith & Wesson XVR 460 Magnum under her pew. I don't, I personally don't believe it is necessary, but that's me. What another pastor wants to insure his congregations safety, that's his call. But if a government decides to demand our personal property. Then that's a whole different horse, of another color.

Last edited by Evang.Benincasa; 12-11-2019 at 10:09 AM.