View Single Post
Old 03-18-2008, 01:49 PM
Matthew 7:6

Re: Single Apostolic Men -VS-Single Apostolic Moth

Quote:
Originally Posted by missdkendall View Post
So it doesn't matter that she has a child already, just if he is ready for one.... I'll take that to the youth group
I cant speak for all men, of course. I just know how a lot of us men think, and what I've heard other men say about situations like that.

There are a lot of possible reasons and considerations...

Some men feel like they would rather start off with a clean slate, instead of taking on a kid that's just not theirs biologically.

Others may feel like they would rather go a few years into the marriage just getting used to being a married man, without having to instantly take on the role of being someone's father.

Others (especially if the kid is older) might be uneasy as to whether a child will accept and give them that respect as their father, the way they feel their biological child would.

Others might not want to deal with drama (possible conflicts, visitation rights, etc) from the "baby-daddy" if he's still in the picture

And I'm sure there are a bunch of other reasons out there.

But at the end of the day, I would like to think that most Apostolic men would prefer to marry a single mother who is a good and holy woman of God, than marry a woman who is childless, but whose walk with God is not where it should be.

I'm T France, and I approved this message.