View Single Post
Old 07-23-2019, 11:00 PM
Supercalifragilisticexpiali...

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesGlen View Post
It’s interesting to me that the Holyghost just fell on them in Acts 2&10 following the gospel being preached to them. Some waiting in Acts 2, it just fell in Acts 10, but not really seeking the Holyghost or tongues...unlike “nowadays Pentecost”, we say we are not seeking tongues, but that is somewhat inaccurate since sometimes we don’t stop what we have deemed “praying folks through”(unlike Acts 2 &10)till we hear them speak in tongues, then we sort of back off, “that’s it!”. To say we don’t seek tongues, we just seek the Holyghost and tongues come, seems a little bit “dishonest”. We do seek the evidence of tongues whether we admit it or not.
Very true.

My observation is that:

Most Christians identifying as Charismatic or Pentecostal DO, or have, spoken in tongues, and it very often correlates with them receiving the Holy Spirit in their lives and life changing conversion.

Most Christians identifying as nonCharismatic or nonPentecostal DO NOT speak in tongues at the time of conversion and receiving the Holy Spirit in their lives with life changing conversion.

I know many in each category and have no reason to question the experience of either simply on the grounds of whether they speak in tongues.

I am a firm believer in the Old Paths

Articles on such subjects as "The New Birth," will be accepted, whether they teach that the new birth takes place before baptism in water and Spirit, or that the new birth consists of baptism of water and Spirit. - THE PENTECOSTAL HERALD Dec. 1945

"It is doubtful if any Trinitarian Pentecostals have ever professed to believe in three gods, and Oneness Pentecostals should not claim that they do." - Daniel Segraves

Last edited by Hoovie; 07-23-2019 at 11:02 PM.