View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 08:25 AM
Registered Member

Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ktc1jesus View Post
There are a few little apostolic churches in my area and they are usually less than 50 people, the revelation of Jesus is preached and that is great but legalism steps in and before the fish gets in the boat they try and clean them up they feed them steak instead of milk and it runs them off, somebody coming in from a life of drugs or sexual perversion needs a little time to grow but if they see a lady in a short shirt that is the sermon a man with a beard or long hair it’s about hair and a shame That turned me off from those church’s but not the revelation of Jesus Christ and Acts 2:38 nobody can take that truth from me let God change the heart of a person and if showed love one of the greatest commandments then they might add that fish to the tank
It isn't uncommon that stories like these surface. I know that some Apostolic churches get caught up in cleaning the fish before its battered. They want them to look "holy", but don't seem to show great concern for their inner holiness.

That's sad. Inner and outer holiness are equally essential. The Lord requires both. Let the babies come in, give them milk, and let the Holy Ghost and preacher's guidance do the rest. They'll get there, some faster than others.

Now, standards are a different discussion. I, for one, was against "church standards" for a long time, but no longer. We need them. It's important for our pastors to set standards for their pulpits as to what is and isn't alright to stand in front of the congregation. If the standards in the pulpit fall, it won't be long and the standards in the pews will be lower, too.

No new convert will have standards higher than someone on the platform. It's not going to happen.

We need to allow people to grow and fall in love with separation, holiness, and modesty, not choke them with it. I've been there. I rejected any kind of holiness at one time because I hung around with a crowd that believed holiness was consumed with outward standards and convictions. That's certainly a part of it, but love comes first and foremost.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.