View Single Post
Old 11-28-2019, 05:14 AM
Registered Member

Re: Thoughts on what brings God's blessings

Quote:
Originally Posted by mfblume View Post
One could say that's under law. I'm talking about New Covenant blessings. in light of Eph 1:3. Does grace make a difference? Or does God bless us for things we do for Him? It seems if we're blessed with all spiritual blessings already, what else could he bless us for? That's where I am coming from.

I am blessed because God’s Word said I am blessed. For example, I don’t have to ask God to bless my finances because He already said, “Give, and it shall be given unto you; good measure, pressed down, and shaken together, and running over, shall men give into your bosom. For with the same measure that ye mete withal it shall be measured to you again” (Luke 6:38).

So I never ask, I just thank/praise God for honoring His Word in blessing my finances because I honor His Word in obeying it. When I hearken diligently unto His Word He blesses my going out and coming in… He blesses my storehouse. I don’t pay my tithes, I return unto the Lord a tithe because it is His due, and because I have seen the benefit of God opening the windows of heaven.

God’s blessings follow my obedience because God cannot go back on His Word. They follow me. They overtake me. It is not a works based give and take... you do for me and I do for you. Rather it is love based. Because I love the Lord, I obey His Word. and because He loves me, He honors His Word, and I am blessed.

And in this, I consider Deuteronomy 28 to be as applicable to my life as much as any NT rendering… just my opinion, Elder…