View Single Post
Old 03-29-2009, 07:13 AM
Banned

Re: Islam vs. Christianity Part 1

I contend that I bounce between the "old one" and the "new one" (even though it is one book?). God is the same yesterday, today, and forever, right?

We are back to prayer, fasting, charity, belief in one God is somehow "wrong".

What else then is taught in your own church that defines a "christian" life?

You do not fear, but "the fear of God is the beginning of wisdom"
You do not tithe but "you rob me in tithes and offerings"
You are saved by faith but your actions do not matter - yet "the dead, small and great, were judged from the books according to their works"
You spread hate and bigotry by degrading Muslims, Muslim families, and Islam on this board by referring to them as wife-beaters and worse, yet use "the rod of correction" and "sparing the rod spoils the child" on your own children. Or not, which then implies that you do not follow that either.

You in one hand says god says something (specifically says something) then in the other say "but its not required for salvation". What is God's law for then?

You on one hand say prayer is "essential" but then say it is not "required" as a daily part of life. Yet Jesus himself specifically taught and outlined how to pray.

Do you people stand firm on anything? Does that book you are taught from actually mean anything? How in the world can you so flippantly pick apart and decide what God means or doesn't mean out the words He has given to you?

What you call "charitable contribution" is in fact equivalent to a tithe as it is calculated on a percentage. We believe it and take it as mandatory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
you just took God's word out of context. First of all this was not about merely charitable contributions. Second this was in the OT. Third, that God said this does not make it a requirement in the way you might be using it. Such as a pre-requisite or something one must do in order to possibly merit salvation.

Christians do such things because we Love God, just like a family member wants to help out another. A person that helps out a family member only because he thinks it is his duty is not doing it out of love.