View Single Post
Old 03-22-2013, 07:54 PM

Re: What Guns Do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CC1 View Post
My gun buying binge of ones that have high capacity magazines and might be banned continues!

In January I bought my DPMS Panther Oracle AR 15 along with my wife a Mossberg Tactical AR style .22 rifle.

In February I broke the plan of only buying high capacity guns this year and bought my wife a pink Ruger LCP .380 for conceal carry. I bought her a cool carry purse to go with it.

In February I also put on layaway a Taurus 840 semi automatic 40 S&W pistol that uses 15 + 1 magazines.

My dream pistol has been the Springfield XDM compact 9mm that makes the gun convertible from a compact easier to conceal carry to a high capacity gun. The "regular" mag is 13 rounds and the gun has a 3.8" barrel. The second mag that comes with the gun is a 19 round mag with an extension of the grip on the bottom so that when it is in the pistol is simply extends the grip to the same as the regular XDm pistol.

The problem has been that virtually nobody either online or in the four states I have checked actually has this gun in stock. I have signed up at a bazillion places online to be notified if it comes in stock. The second stumbling block is the price. Where my Taurus on layaway was a great deal at $359 the Springfield XDm goes for $649 most places right now with the best price being $599.

Imagine my surprise when I checked out www.slickguns.com just now (the sight that posts gun deals) and saw that a major online store had it in stock and for $529 with free shipping!!!!! I almost couldn't type I was rushing so fast to try and get one in the shopping cart before they were sold out! Got in in then the site crashed. Kept trying for a panicky five or ten minutes and finally it came up and my gun was still in the cart and it allowed me to check out. Whew!!!!

Now I am truly broke and done with gun buying for the year (other than getting my layaway out in May). Now 2014? That will be the year of the rifle and shotgun! Hope to buy a Weatherby Vanguard 2 .308 with Stainless Steel barrel and synthetic stock along with a 12 ga. tactical shotgun of some kind (want the stock and pistol grip at a reasonable price).

Now that is funny!

For hunting, I have a mossberg 500, Winchester 30-30, Remington 30-06, Marlin .22.
My defense and shooting range toys are Colt 6940, S & W mp15-22, conceal carry xdm 9.
I have about 85 30 round ar mags, so I'm where I want to be, and about 1000 .223 rounds.

On my list "to get" basically in order are:
Ar furniture for my Colt.
.380 for a smaller conceal
1911 .45 mattress gun
Stoeger 12 gauge with Max 4 Camo for duck hunting next year.
Tons of .22 rounds that I desperately lack, that Randy's hogging them all.
1000 more rounds if .223
2 more ar's when used ones sell cheap in about 6-9 months.
Night vision like our good buddy Randy already has!

Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. - Eph. 4:29

Last edited by shag; 03-22-2013 at 07:57 PM.