View Single Post
Old 03-27-2013, 01:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: What Guns Do you own?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atlas View Post
The scripture does state that the righteous shall live by faith. It first states this in Habakkuk, during the time when God's people routinely defended themselves and anyone who killed, whether accidentally or on purpose, had to go to a city of refuge to await judgment, or the avenger of blood could kill him. I am not sure why people think Christians are supposed to be easy targets for typical violence. Just like I work a job in order to earn a living rather than trusting in God to supply groceries and bills miraculously, I also prepare to defend myself should I have to. I love the fallacious arguments and absurdities people spout to try to make it seem that true Christians are somehow transcendant.
So you dont have the faith that God can supply your needs according to His riches in glory? Have you ever thought of it as God's abundant grace in you getting a job? And He might have placed you there for a certain purpose? i dont know about you but i would rather walk by "faith" and not by "sight". just the faith the lord has His angels watching over me, He abides in me and won't let any temptations/tests beyond my means come my way. God bless