View Single Post
Old 02-20-2018, 06:42 PM
Banned

Re: Current UPC article of faith and TV/theaters??

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
We wholeheartedly disapprove of our people indulging in any activities which are not conducive to good Christianity and godly living, such as theaters, dances, mixed bathing or swimming, women cutting their hair, make-up, any apparel that immodestly exposes the body, all worldly sports and amusements, and unwholesome radio programs and music. Furthermore, because of the display of all these evils on television, we disapprove of any of our people having television sets in their homes. We admonish all of our people to refrain from any of these practices in the interest of spiritual progress and the soon coming of the Lord for His church. *

http://www.pentecostalsofdadeville.c...upcimanual.pdf
I've read this several times. And I walk away thinking:

Define, "We".

Define, "our people".

Because, I know guys who will readily affirm awareness that "they" (the officials of the UPCI) indeed do disapprove of "their people" (licenced members) participating in all these things.

Why doesn't the Affirmation Statement read, "I", and, "the Lord's people"?

Might they simply see it as acknowledging the UPCI's admonition? Even if they might personally disagree with portions of the admonition or how they approach a given part of the admonition.

Just thinking out loud.

Last edited by Aquila; 02-20-2018 at 07:16 PM.