View Single Post
Old 04-30-2010, 11:29 AM
Administrator

Re: Holiness Swim Wear

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWayne View Post
I partially agree. I have told the story numerous times about going downhill skiing and the women wearing jean skirts over their snow pants or snowmobile suits. And yes, it did look silly, which in itself wouldn't bother me if most did it because they were truly convicted instead of doing it because of the good old "apostolic identity" and the desire to look the part. And then there is the part about the "silliness" becoming another obstacle to overcome for non-believers and having to explain to them why they do certain things (which there is often no good reason).
It is very impractical, but again, they're trying to have fun and still obey rules or abide by their own convictions. Either way, I'm appreciative when people get their families out of the house and try to have a nice time. I know way too many Apostolics who answer the problem by being couch potatoes and staying at home all the time. That's way worse, IMO.

That said, there are some things you simply can't do modestly or safely in a skirt. ESPECIALLY ski!

"To see no being, not God’s or any, but you also go thither,
To see no possession but you may possess it—enjoying all without labor or purchase—
abstracting the feast, yet not abstracting one particle of it;…."

--Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass, Song of the Open Road