View Single Post
Old 01-19-2014, 09:25 AM
Banned

Re: Any Jesus Name Apostolic prepper familys out t

Quote:
Originally Posted by easygo View Post
We are wanting to meet other Jesus Name apostolic family's who like remote living, or off grid living.
We raise our own, beef, pork, and can. Really simple life, and enjoy doing fun things as a family.
Milk cow, homemade cheese and hunting.
Would like help on solar and wind projects, or ideas.
Most people only feel safe in crowded citys with street lights, we prefer moon light and stars.
No light bill, Off grid
No water bill, solar well
Live in low over head state, land taxes are only 40 bucks per year.
Raise our own food.
Built our own house.
So all our money goes to toys, fun and Jesus. Not mortgages and credit card payments.
Only thing, no jones here to impress, just deer and elk and the mountains under the stars.
Awesome. Although city-bred, Houston, i have been living this life for the last five years or so. i'm currently just finishing a gig as project director for a permaculture startup, Flintopia (it's on FB).

Solar is under $1 a watt now, with new, improved tech coming online daily--can't think of a better investment. Not hard to install. I've built a low-tech wind generator from old farm and car parts, a couple of times, they work well as an augment, but unreliable (so i modified a bicycle to augment the augment). I might be able to help. For electrical generation, i would advise concentrating on the solar, as it is necessarily high-tech, but more reliable, and do wind as a low-tech project--except possibly for some unusual climate areas.

There are also many other ways to extract energy from solar, passive heat capture, etc., that are easy and effective. I'm big on sourcing what i need from junk. Here's a current...well, i was going to say 'tidbit,' but for you more like 'bombshell:'
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XFw7U7V1Hok

(furnace, engine, welder, ...) Please holler if i may be of any service. My kinda cult