View Single Post
Old 01-12-2019, 06:17 PM
Registered Member

Re: Who was Harry Morse ?

Clyde Haney provided a fine collection of large prophecy charts. He also penned a shot book about prophecy and Revelation.

Other than the above mentioned, I have no idea what Clyde Haney taught.

Harry Morse wrote a handful of articles, but no major works. I do have a full set of Bible School notes from one of his former students. So I know which topics he covered, but other than verses used for each topic, little explanation accompanies the notes. His classes on practical theology, like how to conduct a saints meeting, are more detailed.

Harry Morse was at Azusa Street and was at the Arroyo Seco camp meeting when the revelation of the Oneness of God was revealed. He also rubbed shoulders with missionaries to Asia prior to WW2. These topics are of interest to historians.

Morse brought Pentecostalism to central California, Idaho and Washington. He is remembered by locals for feeding and clothing the poor to poverty stricken citizens during the great depression.

The book, and the other topics will certainly be of interest to those living on the west coast.

Data gathered will not be influenced by my beliefs. But interpreting the data and providing conclusions will need to be reviewed by a mean editor to wash out my fingerprints.

What a person believes changes or developed over time. My faith is the same as when I was a student. Specific details of what I believe have changed. Since some issues I face were not covered when I was a student, I do not know if I am in compliance or not with what my teachers believed.

Not all teachers were identical in their beliefs.

Descendants of those in the book want the book project seen to a completion. So do Harry's students I have interviewed.