View Single Post
Old 01-01-2014, 08:28 AM
Sister Alvear

Re: Hello, I'm troubled and need help..

if you are real...this is NOT the place to discuss standards in my opinion....I think you should find somebody you look up to and sit down and have a talk with them. There are all kinds of opionions about things on a board like this...but as an old soldier of the cross one of the best things you can do is get your Bible down and in prayer and fasting search the scriptures for yourself...There are things that are preached that is NOT Bible however perhaps the pastor feels that certain things become weights and lead to sin or perhaps there are things he feels that time has showed him he was wrong about...In no way if you are real am I saying the "supposed" pastor is right...however as a christian each one of us as to have our minds made up what sin really is.
If you are real and what you say is truth I think something is worng...because the change is to far to the left...like someone said...often people that decide some certain thing is not wrong they go to extremes...Paul let us know he could do all things but it would not be good...There must be balance....and I think a pastor should NOT brainwash people to think they are the only ones in town going to heaven. I prefere some things and feel some things are better for us...but that does not mean that some things I would rather we do or not do is a sin...So really it boils down to the fact is knowing WHAT sin really is...and if you are a member you must have an obedient spirit...if something is wrong and you feel unconfortable pray for God to guide you....and let me say again I am NOT in any way saying your pastor is right....In fact I am very conservative...very... I am just saying "get your own convictions" and find a church where you can live what your heart tells you is right. Yes, I do know the heart can deceive us however most of us have a "gut" feeling when things are wrong....

If it is for one of our direct needs please mark it on the check.
Facebook Janice LaVaun Taylor Alvear