View Single Post
Old 04-24-2018, 06:37 PM
Banned

Re: Epigenetics: Can sin effect multiple generatio

Quote:
Originally Posted by derAlte View Post
This is an interesting subject to ponder. I have wondered how much of a person's personality is influenced by DNA. If it is, perhaps some of the same problems that get passed down though the generations are because of this. I have also wondered if some "generational" curses aren't just some old devils who hung around the younger generation after the death of the older folks.
It is interesting.

I heard someone once accuse God of being a monster for visiting the inequities of the fathers unto the third and fourth generations and for commanding the absolute destruction of various peoples as a whole.

If there is any truth to this, the actual sins of the fathers might have very well been a part of the very being and nature of subsequent generations, justifying God's judgement. And those nations slotted for annihilation by God, might they have been so marked by sin as a whole, that their utter destruction was an act of God's grace and mercy for the rest of us?

It also might play a part in how Adam's fall left an indelible mark upon the entire human race, predisposing his children to sin, fear, and shame.

It also could highlight the depth of man's growing depravity based on the compounding sinful nature that exists our flesh, explaining why each generation appears to fall further and further into sin.

Also, might this be an aspect of the "mystery of iniquity" that is at work in fallen mankind, compounding our sinfulness, until it has mankind ripe for the final Antichrist?

And if this mystery is revealed in this... might that time be more near than we think?

I'm just pondering.

Thoughts?

Last edited by Aquila; 04-24-2018 at 06:43 PM.