View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 01:03 PM
Registered Member

Re: From legalism to grace. Anyone read this book

Legalism, when tangled with theology, is defined as a dependence on moral law rather than on personal religious faith.

This is precisely accurate. When I think of legalistic Christians, I think of a person who probably depends solely on things they see as rules, whether it be outward holiness, sustaining from the mingling with the world, or possessing a holier than thou façade.

I know some Apostolic people that are legalistic. They believe holiness, per masculine view, is "long sleeves and pants". I recall asking this guy if it ever started inward, and he said he felt it was more important for someone to dress right. It didn't surprise me though, because his church hasn't any idea about how to love people into the Truth. They have that "you're here, fall in line" mentality.
I believe in the baptism of the Holy Ghost, evidenced by speaking in tongues as the Spirit gives utterance.
I believe in living a holiness lifestyle, inwardly and outwardly, without which no man shall see the Lord.

Last edited by Bro Flame; 08-23-2019 at 01:20 PM.