View Single Post
Old 05-24-2012, 05:15 PM
crakjak

Re: Looking for info about Mark Hanby or Verbal Be

Verbal Bean when I was fairly young, held a thirteen week revival at a church in Irving, TX. That church went down hill and the pastor was accused of burning the building down. The people regrouped and the church became the church pastored by Jack Dehart and now by his son in law Dan Dean.
Mark Hanby rose in the UPC to celebrity status, very charismatic preacher, I very caught up in his ministry in the 70's. Pastored in FT. Worth TX, the church was previously pastored by Bro. McDonald, it later was named Truth Church. Later I lost interest in his ministry, just did seem to have the same "anointing" as earlier. Of course most know of his crash and the church's decline.

I believe God leads folks in their pursuit of Himself, and leaders fulfill a role in one's growth at a particular time, and then one must move on to continue to grow. Rare is the spiritual leader that continues to grow and leads the same folks for a lifetime.

I was very moved by both of these men for a time, I was not around VB long enough to know how his leadership would have been longer term. Their are many of those folks from that revival that are still walking with the Lord most have moved on in their spiritual understanding. I believe that to be a good thing for the most part. Same is true of those that were under MH's ministry in FTW.
For it is written, "As I live, says the Lord every knee shall bow to me, and every tongue shall give praise to God. (Romans 14:11- NASB)

www.tentmaker.org
www.coventryreserve.org