View Single Post
Old 02-20-2010, 08:50 AM
Freedom@apostolicidentity .com

Re: When the RSV became ANATHEMA: Useless UPCI tri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barb View Post
Incorrect information, Daniel...

I am 58 years old, Oneness Pentecostal born and bred. Our church, as well as the churches in this area, have LONG held the "holiness dress standards" of which you speak.

Further, Wesleyans, Pilgrim Holiness, Church of God, Assemblies of God and others held this view LONG before the UPCI was incorporated.

Whether or not they were in the actual Articles of Faith before 1954, I cannot say, however...I am sure with your diligence in researching every bit of inconsistency in the org, you will find the answer. *sigh*
Barbara, the original Holiness article of the AOF of the UPCI was amended in 1954 ... I am well aware that these standards come from the Conservative Wesleyan Holiness movement and crept into many pulpits of Pentecost after Asuza .... but the Holiness Article at the merger was the one in the PCI manual that did not codify a clothes line list or a prohibition on dances, theater, cut hair, makeup, jewelry or TV but rather mainly quoted Scripture ... in practicality, leaving applications of Holiness in the hands of the local pastor.

My quote refers to the conservative fervor that grips the org ... after the ousting of Goss ... may also be a microcosm of what was happening in the halls of Congress against Communism and liberalism ....

There is a paradigm shift about to happen in many areas of life and culture during this time that is combatted by reactionary politics ... and sometimes with irrational extremism .... while we were on the brink of the cultural and political liberalism of th 1960's

I respectfully tell you to look at the record.

Last edited by DAII; 02-20-2010 at 09:38 AM.