Registered Member

Re: If You Are A Disciple

Quote:
Originally Posted by diakonos View Post
The pastor is a type of Jesus??

Did I read that correctly?
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1 God View Post
I will fill in the blank with Melchizedek. Abraham gave him tithes. Jesus was his type. The pastor is Jesus’ type. The pastor gets tithes by default.
[QUOTE=Nicodemus1968;1605245]Wait until Tithemeister reads this......

I have read it already. It is really a sad commentary on the reality that pastors have successfully misled the sheeple to believe that they are entitled to tithes. Aaaand by the way, NOT the tithe that is described in the Bible, but a new, improved tithe that is rendered in money instead of food. It took nearly two thousand years to twist the scripture incrementally and make people believe this heresy. It is a fraud that makes Bernie Madoff appear like a penny ante hustler. But good luck getting most pastors to admit it.

Meanwhile I am patiently waiting for a scriptural reference in the new or Old Testament that says a pastor is entitled to tithing because he is a pastor. I’ve seen scripture that says singers are entitled, widows, orphans and strangers (migrants) and of course, any Levites, but never a pastor. Odd isn’t it. Pastors say that only pastors are entitled. The scripture doesn’t mention them being entitled. Hmmmm

However, if you’d like to show me the chapter and verse, I’m listening.