View Single Post
Old 05-31-2008, 09:47 AM
Registered Member

Re: Even Jesus couldn't heal everyone

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbundantGrace View Post
Amen & Amen, BKSTOKES!!!

From what I see after reading countless posts about William Branham is a spirit of idolatry. I believe that the office of ministry should be revered and held in high regard. I teach my congregation that very principle, but these Branhamite followers are worshiping the man. Dr. Vaughn is singing the praises of William Branham loud and basically attempting to belittle the Lord Jesus Christ in this thread. Giving him (Dr.V.) the benefit of the doubt, I don't believe that's his desire, but that's what happens when you blindly follow the doctrines of men, rather than clearly opening your eyes and following the Word of God.

Exodus 20:4, "You shall not make for yourself an idol in the form of anything in heaven above or on the earth beneath or in the waters below. You shall not bow down to them or worship them; for I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God..."

Isaiah 45:5, "I am the Lord, there is no other!"

Isaiah 45:22, "Turn to Me and be saved all you ends of the Earth; for I am God and there is no other!"

Joel 2:27, "...I am the Lord your God, and that there is no other."

It's impossible to compare the Lord with anyone else. Some may try, but there is no comparison.

Isaiah 40:18, "To whom, then, will you compare God? What image will you compare him to?"

Isaiah 40:25 - 26, ""To whom will you compare me? Or who is my equal?" says the Holy One. Lift your eyes and look to the heavens: Who created all these? He who brings out the starry host one by one, and calls them each by name. Because of his great power and mighty strength, not one of them is missing."

Isaiah 46:5, "To whom will you compare me or count me equal?
To whom will you liken me that we may be compared?"

Enough said.
Not only good advise but a mandate.