View Single Post
Old 06-16-2009, 10:10 PM
Saved by Grace

Re: The "DAVID DANCED WHILE NAKED" error

I wonder if some old pentecostals mistakenly heard a message on this and "worshipped" until they took their clothes off. No lie, my grandmother once told me when she was small her and a couple of friends peeked inside the window of a pentecostal church and the people were running around taking their clothes off.

I was shocked to hear such a thing, and wouldn't believe it had most anyone else told me such a thing. It was such a stumbling block for her, that she absolutely did not want anything to do with becoming pentecostal. She has since died, and I am concerned for her soul.

(background info: I was born again at age 18 after leaving home, none of my family attended church much, or served God. So thereafter I aggressively tried to convert them, which is when the above conversation took place.)

"The only man who has the right to say he is justified by grace alone is the man who has left all to follow Christ." ~Dietrich Bonheoffer, The Cost of Discipleship

"Preachers who should be fishing for men are now too often fishing for compliments from men." ~Leonard Ravenhill