View Single Post
Old 02-19-2009, 01:46 PM
She makes me look good!

Re: Loren Yadon's: Tragedies of War????

Dan,

I was evangelizing in California at that time. "Tragedy" was preached at Landmark the year that the "resolution" came down...I believe 1992? Anyway, he didn't say, Not to sign the AS" because there wasn't one yet. He just encouraged everyone to remember that the UPC was made up of at least 2 diverse Pentecostal group (PCI and PAJC) and that they decided to "fellowship the difference".

In that sermon was the first I had heard of the 'fellowship the difference" concept.

The ultimate plea in the message was that we should not go the route of drawing lines that were never meant to be drawn during the merger...and that warring with each other only serves to hurt the generations that follow--because of the division it continues to bring as more and more lines of separation are drawn.

He uses illustrations about how the UPC had become more and more polarized through the years where now (then-1992) things that would remove you from fellowship used to be accepted in leadership--"a pearl necklace on Clyde Haney's wife, beards, etc...)

I have the tape for sure...I would just have to sift through boxes to find it...if you want a copy pm me your address and I'll see what I can do

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pastor Poster View Post
Pelathais, I sure hope you don't get banned for telling the truth.

I have seen so many lies posted. The best one is the one Triumphant 1 did his best to combat. You know, the hair cutting party thing?

Prominent members of this board chose to believe the lie and even continue to spread it, even though T1 had totally proved it was false.