View Single Post
Old 02-25-2012, 07:02 AM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Re: Jesus, The Apostles and Present Day Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay View Post
I am sorry if my statement was unclear.

I understand that we do not need historical documentation of the Acts 2:38 message being preached from 250-1901 for the message to be true. However, I am fascinated by history, and so would enjoy having documentation that would show this message being preached from the days of the Apostles until now.

I hope that helped. (I have a bad habit of knowing what I am saying, while completely confusing anybody who is listening/reading what I was saying.)
Yes, thank you! I hear what you are saying. In my previous posts, it was never my intention to say that history was of no benefit. When that lone little grandmother simply heard, searched out and promptly obeyed the New Covenant plan of salvation, that our own history was in the making. What blessings have come to our family, who have followed on to know the LORD.

Bro. Jay, my late father said it was reported that approximately 1500 people came from far and new to hear this new message, in their tiny town. BUT compared to the number who came, there were few who obeyed. My own grandparents and my late father, who was 14 yrs at the time, went OUT OF CURIOUSITY to hear the man preaching on the street corner and inviting people to his outdoor revival. They went out of curosity, as did many others. Grandma, a Bible reading praying Methodist, and church member for 21 yrs, heard a message she had never heard before. At first she got mad, and set out to prove that preacher wrong. I believe she searched with an open, honest heart. In her "searching out", she found that what the preacher had preached was in the Bible. She felt cheated that her own pastor had not told them about this part. Her own mother was a charter member of the Methodist church for 48 yrs. Grandma was the youngest of five children.

I am SO THANKFUL that Grandma listened to that old white-haired street preacher. He had a VALUABLE message. Five generations of our family have benefited from her decision. Thank YOU, LORD, that in 1933, Savoy, Tx had their time of visitation. The Apostolic Pentecostal church is the largest church in that still small town today.

The gospel has spread far and near from that small beginnng. The faith AS A tiny mustard seed, sown in the heart of one little woman and her young son, has spread far and near in the earth. I COULD SAY SO MUCH MORE!

Falla39