View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 08:56 AM
Registered Member

Re: Different Types of Apostolic Churches

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holy Roller View Post
All the churches you know of seem to be similar?
Pretty much. On foundation doctrine they teach Acts 2:38 and of course Oneness. Almost all believe in immortal soul and never ending torment in Hell. Almost all teach pre trib rapture. The very few that teach post trib (in my experience) never mention it.

I was driving 75 miles one way to a Church that believes in post trib. After around 5 months the Pastor had never taught on it once or even mentioned it. We had simultaneously been attending a Church on and off in our area 12 miles away. They were pre trib.

Both of these Pastors teach almost the same message all the time. You could not tell any difference between the two so we gave up on the one 75 miles away.

Both groups oppose beards on men. One told me he does not "favor" beards the other allows them but in a "platform standards" context. Both of them oppose women trimming hair and or wearing pants.

Neither one of them teach Biblical perfection.

The praise and worship is almost exactly the same. Mostly contemporary music trying to mix in an "Apostolic" feel.

There is no testimony time in either group. People are exhorted to witness to the lost but there is no outreach strategy. A few women in the pre trib Church do a Church Bus ministry for children.