View Single Post
Old 05-09-2007, 02:39 PM
delete account

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavenlyOne View Post
Just a comparison.......

I was abused as a child in school, both mentally and physically. In those days, you didn't have the laws that are in place now to protect children, and I had nobody to turn to.

I had teachers that took the liberty my mother gave them to inflict pain on my person at every whim. The principal in 2nd grade took every opportunity to punish me and humiliate me, even spanking me in the lunchroom with everyone present. Teachers washed my mouth out with soap and would prevent me from using the bathroom, resulting in my wetting myself, then being humiliated for it.

Then there were the kids. I had no friends in grade school until I was in 8th grade, and then it was only because I was a bad kid. I hated everyone I had contact with, and if someone was nice to me, I made sure they realized the mistake they made.

My mom was sure I was headed for prison, but the hurt I was feeling inside numbed anything else I should have been feeling. I was a kid in serious trouble, but everyone just saw me as a rebellious, misbehaving, unruly child.

Those experiences turned me against furthering my education for many years, and here I am at almost 40, wishing I'd done this 20 years ago.

If only someone had reached out to me instead of pushing me aside for someone that was unreachable.......I wonder what kind of person I'd be today.

Of course, the above means I'm blaming everyone for how I turned out, right?

If only you knew.....

According to the stats, I should have 8 kids by 13 different fathers, be on welfare, drugs, homeless, and full of bitterness and hatred. But I had to turn those things over to God long ago, and with His help, I am where I am today......but I have oh so far to go.

So, you see, it's not just the church that has hurt me.
Dear HeavenlyOne,

The Bible says that God knows those who are His...you have been His since your birth. When you thought no one was watching or caring...Christ was right there with you, holding you up, and giving you strength and life.

Speak life to yourself now and lay the past to rest. You are not a victim any longer but a survivor through the blood of Jesus. You were adopted and your heritage has been changed.

Thank-you for your transparency, but you are no longer Identified with those things...you belong to another family now and God's family sticks together. Loves cords bind us together. I admire your strength and what you have come through. You are indeed a survivor!

Blessings, Rhoni