View Single Post
Old 09-09-2013, 02:13 PM
Registered Member

Re: List the Cultic doctrinal errors of Branhamism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sabby View Post
Ge 3:15
And I will put enmity between thee and the woman, and between thy seed and her seed; it shall bruise thy head, and thou shalt bruise his heel.

The seed (zera’) of the serpent in this reference can mean “child” as some insist, but traditionally means fruit – the evil effect of the evil entering of the knowledge of good and evil into the earth. It is about spiritual wickedness on the earth.
(A spiritual example: Romans 16:20: And the God of peace shall bruise Satan under your feet shortly)
The emphasis in this verse is about the seed of the woman (the Lord Jesus Christ) bruising – establishing dominion over - the serpent’s (Satan’s) head.
If the emphasis is the serpent’s seed, why is the seed of the serpent not being bruised by the seed of the woman? The text specifically says that the serpent’s head would be bruised. The seed of the serpent has to do with wicked attributes, tendencies, fruit, as it were. This isn’t a straw man argument. You have to KNOW that the seed of the serpent in this verse is literally human progeny in order to believe it. But you can’t KNOW it. You conjecture and theorize and eventually interpolate something into the text that Christendom rejects.
The text refers to Satan as a snake, and some will say he disguised (transformed) himself from a horizontal snake into a vertical snake., but the reference in II Cor 11 is speaking about lying prophets and apostles that twist the word to make it palatable even as the serpent did with Eve. If you wish to believe that a serpent (nachash – a snake) had sexual relations with Eve (Ishshah – a woman) you are free to believe it, but I will bet a dollar to a donut that without Branham you wouldn’t even be talking about it right now.

Ge 3:22
¶ And the LORD God said, Behold, the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live for ever
Is there a chance, and this is just about one little tiny part of this, that the head of the serpent isn't the literal head, but the head of the serpent, meaning satan. Like the head of man is Christ, and the head of woman is man? I know this is a little off of the trail, it just came to me as I was reading. Does it say that the serpent IS satan?

Pentecostal in experience.

Set apart in lifestyle.