View Single Post
Old 09-29-2022, 06:56 PM
Registered Member

Re: Just Had A Good Job Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jediwill83 View Post
The skinny is that Ill be making double or more what Im making now loading up a box truck with a helper and driving and delivering/installing appliances in a 150 mile radius.

Its much closer to Alexandria where we are going to church now and it seems to be a major answer to prayer and an open door.

Its a 1099 position not a W2 position but Ill be making $165 a day.

Just praying for wisdom and confirmation.

My only speed bump is going without an income for two weeks while they hold out the first two weeks check...teh job I have now lets me withdraw money 3 times a pay period before my final check of the pay period and Im used to having the freedom to do that to pay for gas and other bills that come up.

Keep praying...Im feeling good about this over all and I have a week to let them know my decision.

Another thing I could do is to let my current job know about the better offer and see if they offer better pay. ��
Are you really only making $80/day now? The taxes are going to eat that up as a 1099, hopefully they are paying for gas, etc. Sounds ok if you just need to get out of your current position, but I hope you work up from there, or develop some kind of side hustle that's within your control.