View Single Post
Old 03-27-2008, 04:26 PM
Registered Member

Smile Re: Remission Of Sins Through Baptism

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praxeas View Post
First, please show us where the bible says none of the 12 were baptized. In fact if you understand discipleship you would know that they WERE baptized. John baptized HIS disciples and Jesus baptized HIS and then HIS disciples went out and baptized others.

Second, the bible never says Jesus never baptized anyone

How did Cornelius receive the Spirit? Same way King Saul did maybe? BTW Nobody here said to not be baptized makes one a degenerate sinner. A sinner is someone that has not repented.

Prove we can't derive doctrine from a historical book. Even the gospels are historical
1) It doesn't say they were baptized. Wouldn't there have been a record.

2) Why didn't Jesus baptize his disciples? Maybe he did but it is not recorded and I can tell you if I was an author of a book and the Messiah baptized me I would be talking about it.

3) Cornelius received the spirit because he heard the word, believed and his sins were forgiven. If your sins are not forgiven then you can't have been born again. By saying that you must be baptized in order to achieve forgiveness then you are saying that person is still not born again.

4) I don't know how to prove that we can't derive doctrine from a historical narrative except that is a common rule in bible interpretation. If AM preaches for an hour at BOTT and someone tells you what he preached about you can’t use that unless you have the entire transcript of the sermon because you would only be getting a summary of the entire message.