View Single Post
Old 12-11-2019, 09:28 AM
Registered Member

Re: Meanwhile in Virginia...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evang.Benincasa View Post
You are talking about two different things here. One is using guns as protection at a church gathering. The other is having your property taken by force, whether it is horses, food, or your children. We have to keep the eye on the ball and not muddy the water, by lumping everything together. Or else intelligent people will just smile and walk off without any further discussion. The impeachment isn't about Andrew Johnson, or Donald Trump. It is about what is really happening as this is all being played out. Where does this all stop? Just guns being DEMANDED by a government? History shows us that it doesn't end with government taking personal tools of self defense. I personally believe that we don't need self defense tools in a church service. But do you happen to lock the doors of your house, cars, and church building? The tithe and offerings are they placed in a room with a lock? Box with a lock? How about police? Is it alright to use firepower as long as it is being wielded by an unbeliever? I'm just pointing out where all this tends to unravel.
This is for us, within the church. Bro. Benincasa, I used Church as the main point, because if they bring the guns to church 90% of the time they take them everywhere. You want to protect your property that’s fine, and protect I mean locking you house, cars, Church etc I owned several German Shepherds (grew up with those dogs) and I had warning signs on my property. Your right government will not stop with just taking the guns, the discussion can be then where do we as the church stop? Would a believer take no thought by using deadly force against someone that tried to take or damage your property? I say this because I see believers CC (concealed carry) going into church, going to the stores my personal opinion is your asking for trouble. You want to hunt go ahead I’m a duck hunter, I have several guns, yet I don’t have a CCP, dont need one.