View Single Post
Old 02-24-2012, 12:25 PM
Not riding the train

Re: Rick Perry GOP Nominee After All?

Quote:
Originally Posted by trialedbyfire View Post
I'm not saying the man probably was a good governor or that he's not brilliant in his own way.

I'm just saying hearing him talk makes me feel like I've lost braincells sometimes. Could just be me. However, he did do a pretty good job in Texas. I'll give him that.
I know what you are saying. He's really down to earth and not a practiced politician, verbally, like Romney. But, really, I'm sick of all of that. I want someone who is real. I would even take Gingrich. At least he answers your questions whether you like the answers or not. And since they are all flawed candidates, I want someone who can effect change. Newt is the only one that can do that. If Perry endorses Newt, then I will too. He has asked us to support Newt.

I was against him being married several times, but when he answered John King in the SC debate saying, "Everyone here (pointing to audience) has experienced some amount of pain in their lives." - words to effect, I changed how I felt about it. So, Romney will be forced on us, but I am for Newt.