Thread: Mondanism
View Single Post
Old 02-16-2017, 11:38 AM
Registered Member

Re: Mondanism

Quote:
Originally Posted by KeptByTheWord View Post
Very interesting information. I am thinking about your comment that it was the "winners who wrote history". That is noteworthy to consider.

But it does seem while they held some views consistent with the concept of modalism, but that other views were very extreme, such as chastity. Does that mean they banned marriage?

And also that their prophecies exceeded that of the apostles, also a very extreme view.
I dont say that because they were speaking in tongues and baptize in Jesus name was all correct.
Clearly their practices were heretics .But in the end who knows if all that informations fall really over all of them?
For example today if you ask a greek orthodox christian about pentecostals ,sure he will tell you some truths but he will also condemn them and maby equate them with all the named pentecostal branches "charismatics, benny, holy drunkards" and so on.
And if you give him some authority he will enter that informations in history .That is why i say that "the winners make the history"
We know about how many millions were killed by the Holy Inquisition ,we know were "heretics" we dont really know who was!
Anyway ...i spoke too much! it was just for the history.