View Single Post
Old 10-03-2013, 05:49 PM
Registered Member

Re: Grand Girls Update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pressing-On View Post
Better move to the thread - Is it to early to argue about Christmas?? or start a new one.

And, BTW, you didn't report back on the country themed event you had.
Oh gosh, I'm sorry! I thought for sure that I had My mistake.

So the Mother-Daughter Banquet with the country theme was wonderful. We had a southern gospel kind of group come in and do music for us (this is a group that meets every Monday night in a nearby town. Whoever shows up plays and/or sings. It's very informal but LOTS of fun!)

We used aluminum foil pans to eat out of, Ball jars to drink from, red and blue paisley napkins (men's hankies). And we made cute little gifts for each person out of burlap - made little sacks. Filled them with candies and tied with jute. The centerpieces for every table was a cake on a pedestal (we always do that. I think it's time to change the tradition, but who am I? lol!) We set up a couple of photo op areas with straw bales, wooden fencing, a saddle, etc.

For food we ended up with the fried chicken meal catered by our local nursing home except that I made homemade dinner rolls because theirs are not as good as mine. We had sweet tea, unsweetened tea, lemonade and water.