View Single Post
Old 11-14-2017, 11:50 AM
Unvaxxed Pureblood

Re: The Sabbath Day, Should You Keep or not Keep?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steven Avery View Post
And I wonder if Raffi and MfBlume could summarize their Sabbath stances in relatively short declarations. A short statement that would include their covenant understandings, how you see certain verses like Isaiah 66:23, how sabbath interlinks with the sacrificial system, whether the blood of Messiah needed to land on the mercy seat for the change of covenant.

That being said, let me ask about one verse.

Luke 23:56 (AV)
And they returned, and prepared spices and ointments;
and rested the sabbath day according to the commandment.

Luke wrote this c. 41 AD I believe (you may be later) to the most excellent high priest Theophilus (YMMV-yourmileagemayvary.)

Note the present tense.
Do you believe there was an implied (former) or (at that time) in the verse?

according to the (former) commandment
according to the (at that time) commandment

And, if there was a change of the sabbath, when did it occur?
The blood of Jesus had been shed at the time of the spices, and had (I believe) landed on the mercy seat. So was there a commandment at that time? Allowing that you have placed (at that time) into the sentence.

Thanks!

Steven
I find it interesting that Luke, and the rest of the NT writers, continue to refer to the seventh day as "the Sabbath", and even continued marking events chronologically according to references to various Feasts of the Lord. It always struck me that if they had the mindset professed by many today, the NT writers would not have written that way. Non Sabbathkeepers do not ordinarily refer to the last day of the week as "the Sabbath" nor do they use the moedim as reference points for simple calendrical purposes. This, to me, is a strong indication they (the NT writers) were still keeping Sabbath and the Feasts when they wrote.

Biblical Worship - free pdf http://www.pdf-archive.com/2016/02/21/biblicalworship4/

Conditional immortality proven - https://ia800502.us.archive.org/3/it...surrection.pdf