View Single Post
Old 02-22-2012, 10:07 PM
Wouldn't Take Nothin' For My Journey Now!

Re: Jesus, The Apostles and Present Day Witnesses

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lafon View Post
Falla39, I am persuaded that when one elects to place ALL of their faith in the things which the sacred Scriptures disclose as the truth about ALL things, then God will honor that faith and reveal to them whatever they ask of Him. Not so for those whose faith is in the words of other mortals like themselves.

Simply stated, regardless of the love, respect or admiration which one might hold for another [be it a parent, brother, sister, wife/husband, or child], and seek God, alone and only, for the understanding of ALL things, then they will be rewarded beyond their wildest imaginations.

In expressing these things, I am able to state that I speak from experience. Many years ago, following countless hours in seeking to ascertain the merits of the many things which others had told me to be the truth, and being met time and time again with nothing but frustration, I fell to my knees and cred out to God, asking Him to tell me the truth. And He did! Oh boy! Has He ever! And I shall be eternally grateful to Him for that.

Jesus has instructed us ~ "If ye continue in my word, then are ye my disciples indeed; and ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (John 8:31-32 KJV) What more can I say?
Bro. Lafon,
Many years ago while going through a storm of confusion like I had never gone though before, I sought God for an answer! In time the following passage of scriputure was pressed on my mind so strongly that I can quote if from memory today. It has come to mind many times and has been a tremendous encouragement to me. I felt as if it was speaking to me personally, instructing me what I was to do in the midst of the confusion. The bolded told me what to do.

2Timothy 3:12-17

12 Yea, and all that will live godly in Christ Jesus shall suffer persecution.

13 But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived.

14 But continue thou in the things which thou hast learned and hast been assured of, knowing of whom thou hast learned them;

15 And that from a child thou hast known the holy scriptures, which are able to make thee wise unto salvation through faith which is in Christ Jesus.

16 All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:

17 That the man of God may be perfect, thoroughly furnished unto all good works.

Paul knew young Timothy's background included a faithful grandmother, Lois, and mother, Eunice. He felt assured that that same faith, etc. was also in Timothy. Paul knew that Timothy's father was a Greek, and evidently not a believer. Paul mentored Timothy as a spiritual father.

Falla39