View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 06:01 PM
Scripture > Tradition

Re: William Branham 11 minute Filmed Interview

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Vaughn View Post
brother.. I see Serpent Seed in the same vein as Dispensationalism... 2ndary,., no essential issues.. yet people treat it like its BLASPHEMY

I actually learned studying sociology that people who are close to each other will pick out the secondary issues and fight HARDER and much nastier than those who are fundamentally dissimilar like a Christian and a Muslim.

The reason they do it is to draw a line in the sand more clearly and let those who are fairly close but not close enough know they arent like "them" (whoever "them" may be). Its the reason the Hutu's killed the Tutsi's in Rawanda (neither one existed before the Dutch got there and divided people into either group depending on who looked a bit more "white" in their porportions) ... because they weren't fully "them".

The same garbage gets thrown at people who leave the larger groups and fellowship with networks like the AWCF because they are no longer "them" (hence the nasty thread on justpreachers about Kenneth Phillips that some of our brothers took some shots at him and myself and other mod-libs defending him that got me banned)

It's just their way because they haven't learned to sit down and listen to make sure there should be a battle there in the first place. Btw.. I have read the story of Branham from different sources, and while I can't say the miracles happened like they were written down like the angel appearing at the baptisimal service by the river.. then again it was never refuted by eye witnesses so it does carry a measure of weight. We need to be careful not to be quick to say its not of God until we can say it is or isn't with any assurance. Branham had his ideas of things that I dont agree with, but then again my pastor and I dont line up 100% on everything and he doesnt line up 100% with his fellow pastors, and they dont line up 100% with others in their organization... its human nature to keep evolving our systematic doctrines... who knows.. if branham had lived longer maybe he would have changed his views on some things .. but when we are in heaven together we will understand fully where we have "Full Salvation" (shameless PCI positional plug there).

Seriously, do a "I love Phillips, Craig and Dean" thread on here and let the blood fly... do a thread on "Why I am not Zoroasterian" and you won't get a response. Its all tribal identity and the desire to protect it.