View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 01:16 PM
Registered Member

Red face Re: Do They Really Believe This?

Quote:
Originally Posted by anon5 View Post
Wow. Yes I watched the video, and......WOW!! I don't think it was made by anti mormons. It just doesn't quite have that feel to it. However, in all the videos I have seen BY the mormon church, I have seen NOTHING even close to this.

There is a few truths scattered throughout the video, but the bulk of it is cr@p. Can I type that word? All the gods on all the planets, and having orgies???? Ummm, no. I'll tell you what I was told: God indeed sent us here to live, learn and grow. Satan thought we needed to be forced to do things. Jesus said no, we should be allowed free agency (free will). If we choose his atonement, which we needed after Adam and Eves fall, which God knew about ahead of time and planned for, then we will go back to live with him. The extra stuff about having relations with Mary, I have also never heard of.

The scriptures do mention being cursed with blackness of skin, but honestly, I just thought that meant they got gangrene or some similar disease. Gangrene WOULD be a curse, especially back then, but simply having darker skin? What's the big deal with that?

I don't know WHO made this video.
It actually has the feel of being mormon produced. If so, then it was from years ago. Like other beliefs, some attitudes and opinions change over time.

There are some things with the doctrine I don't agree with, but nothing I'd consider deal breakers.
Mormons used to have rather racist views back in the day, but didn't most everyone?