View Single Post
Old 10-10-2007, 07:34 PM
philjones

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh View Post
Good morning, Tim.

Becky Fender is the daughter of one of my dad's closest friends back through the years, and a man you probably know, David Varnado. The last I heard he was still living in the Lake Charles area.

Dad said that Steve Fender got in church in Illinois or somewhere up that way. He preached for us back in the seventies at Sandy Lake and was a powerful preacher.

Their close association with KP would have come later...

Good to see you back on...
David is indeed Becky's dad and David lives next door to my daughter and son-in-law in Moss Bluff, LA. His nephew, Jim Vanover goes to church with me. His sister is Sister Janet Trout in Delaware. Becky has a significant pedigree in Apostolic circles.

Some of you would be surprised at the UC roots that Steve and Becky had. He used to preach for many of the AMF brethren, including the late Charles Cooper in Pitkin, LA. Of course, as some have already indicated, Becky sang the revivals and Steve basically gave the altar calls.

Another couple that I thought of with the talk of Steve and Becky was Sharon and Paul Haygood... one key difference was that Paul could preach as well as Sharon could sing.