View Single Post
Old 07-22-2019, 04:52 PM
Registered Member

Re: Tongues- A sign or THE sign Of Spirit Infillin

Quote:
Originally Posted by consapente89 View Post
Evidence and Proof are not the same.

The initial evidence of receiving the Holy Ghost is speaking in tongues. A good study of John 3 will reveal this. It is the initial evidence as witnessed throughout Acts.

Tongues is NOT proof! Not everyone who speaks with tongues has received the Holy Ghost.
Quote:
Proof comes over time through the witness of a godly life.
Cornelius has a Godly life before being Spirit filled. Like many others in our day, like Dr. James Dobson.

When someone has received the Gift of the Holy Ghost they will speak in tongues initially.
Quote:
The Spirit will then lead them according to their willingness to walk in truth and holiness. God will work through them and they will bear fruit.
It is very evident that other Christians not having spoken in tongues, bare better spiritual fruit than many who have. This poses a bit of a problem, doesn’t it?.

Quote:
These evidences of the Holy Ghost
are not stand alone, but when combined they offer
Quote:
undeniable proof
that someone has received the Holy Ghost.

Again, there are non tongue talkers that put some of us tongue talkers to shame when it comes to bearing fruit.

I have pondered in my mind, what was different about Cornelius AFTER he received the Holyghost? We must speculate I suppose....

What are your thoughts on that?
How are those that have spoken in tongues different from other sects that believe in and practice holiness, fruits of the spirit, etc?

And we’re any of Cornelius’ (pre Holyghost) fruit, Spiritual fruit, if he wasn’t born of the Spirit....how could they have been? What then was he “producing?”

Last edited by JamesGlen; 07-22-2019 at 04:58 PM.