View Single Post
Old 04-04-2015, 03:42 PM
Registered Member

Re: Thus Says The Lord: I Know Your Works

Next Jesus speaks to Smyrna another New Testament Church.

8And unto the angel of the church in Smyrna write; These things saith the first and the last, which was dead, and is alive;

9I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan. 10Fear none of those things which thou shalt suffer: behold, the devil shall cast some of you into prison, that ye may be tried; and ye shall have tribulation ten days: be thou faithful unto death, and I will give thee a crown of life. 11He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death. Rev. 2:8-11

Again he starts his message with I KNOW THY WORKS!

He realizes of course the hardships this Church endures. They are poor people. Yet Christ tells them they are rich! Rich that is in the things of the Lord Jesus Christ! Also they are being harassed by the local Synagogue. The Lord gives them encouragement and hope the day will come they will be drawn to them and see the favor of YHWH on their assembly.

The prophetic word goes on telling them not to fear what they are about to suffer. That some of them are going to be thrown in prison by satan.

But wait Lord! We have been told prophecy NEVER brings bad news! It is just for our edifying and inspiration! At least according our modern teachers and prophets.

Nonetheless what does Jesus say to them?

Be faithful UNTIL DEATH and I will give you a crown of life.

No promise they will be delivered from their suffering! The modern Christian would judge this message is certainly not from Jesus!

Rather the Jesus that John and the apostles knew said if they would continue being faithful their reward would be a crown of life.

He finishes his message telling them if they overcome THEY WILL NOT BE CAST INTO HELL!

WHAT? How shocking for the modern Evangelicals and their Pentecostal/Charismatic wannabes!

Such prophetic words would no doubt be harshly dealt with. No one would dare tell them they are not already assured of eternal life in Heaven!

YET MY FRIENDS......who is the one giving this message?

He who has an ear let him hear what THE SPIRIT is saying to the Churches!

Lest we be tempted to think "Oh well that was just for them not me and my Church".

Think again. He who has an ear let him hear what THE SPIRIT SAYS TO THE CHURCHES

Churches as in not just Smyrna but also the other Churches.

Jesus knows our works.